It’s a pretty exciting nifty fifty! The 2019 Mountain Division First Aid and On Snow Training Seminar, to be held at Sunshine Village March 1 and 2, marks the 50th anniversary of Mountain Division’s first aid and toboggan skills competition. It’s going to be epic.
Registrations are now open for the event, which includes an optional skills seminar on Friday, March 1. The main event is on Saturday with the first aid competition with an on snow toboggan-handling component, and the separate, timed toboggan course competition. It all wraps up Saturday night with an awards banquet, featuring those patroller teams that delivered the best performances in first aid, and with the toboggan. This event is legendary.
Yes, it was in 1969 that Mountain Division held its inaugural first aid competition featuring three-person teams in judged first aid scenarios, and a series of, er, controlled toboggan descents with a stopwatch. Setting the toboggan course then was a young Dave Marchant, who went on to become Mountain Division Life Member No. 1. Dave will be continuing the 50-year tradition by setting the course in 2019, and at the same resort as in 1969!
Known as The Comp, the First Aid and On Snow Training Seminar is widely recognized as the best single way to polish your patrolling skills in first aid and in toboggan work, all while having a blast. And don’t worry about being “outclassed” by veterans: There are categories for new patrollers, for experienced patrollers and an open category for paid patrollers and others to participate in. Come one, come all.
The storied event is an unparalleled opportunity to grow and expand your patrolling skills in a friendly competitive environment that offers great camaraderie, awesome networking and great fun. Don’t miss it!
Registration forms and fees
- Registration forms and the 2019 Comp poster can be found on the CSP Mountain Division website in Information and Forms:
- Registration fees are $200 per person if payment is received by January 29, 2019, and $210 per person thereafter. For general questions, contact Louise Charron, at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by phone at 780-468-6858.
- The price includes training materials, the instruction/training session on the Friday, Saturday lift ticket and the Saturday night awards banquet.
Sending registrations and payment
- Completed registration forms and payment should by January 29, 2019 to the CSP Mountain Division, c/o 2019 – 50th First Aid & Training Seminar, 904 Blackett Wynd S.W., Edmonton, Alberta, T6W 1A9.
- For e-transfer payment instructions only, please contact Geoff Scotton at email@example.com.
- Participants or their team sponsors such as zones are responsible for booking and paying for accommodation for the event.
- The CSP Mountain Division has reserved a block of rooms for the event at the Canalta Lodge in Banff. The CSP block/rates will be held until January 20, 2019.
- The Canalta Lodge can be reached at 1-800-879-1991.
- Rates, based on double occupancy, before taxes and including a deluxe breakfast are:
- $135 per night for a standard room.
- $249 for a suite.
- Include an additional person charge of $20 per person per night for triple or quad occupancy.
- Quote group code MEUF28-001 Canadian Ski Patrol Mountain Division.
- Cancellation policy is that the first night will be fully charged with less than 72 hours notice.
See you at The Shine, Mar. 1 and 2, 2019 as we continue 50 years of excellence (and fun!)