2022 Mountain Division FAST set for Marmot Basin April 8 & 9
The 2022 Mountain Division First Aid and On Snow Training (FAST) event is scheduled for April 8 and 9, 2022.
The event will be hosted at Marmot Basin. We are grateful to the Edmonton Zone and delighted to be back in Jasper while ensuring everyone’s safety and all government restrictions will be adhered to.
We welcome teams to register as early as possible – the event is capped at 12 teams maximum.
Please note: All participants (competitors, guests, volunteers) are required to be fully vaccinated with provision of QR code.
HERE ARE DETAILS OF THE EVENT – The registration form and the SAVE the DATE poster.
We are delighted to share that Mountain Division is providing substantial financial support for registered teams for the 2022 FAST. The support is in way of:
- Reduced registration fee of $50 per registered person (a very large subsidy to enable as many teams to attend).
- A $250 travel allowance for registered teams (teams of five members).
- Cover one night hotel fee (based on standard room rate of $200) also translates to 2.5 rooms per five-member registered team. Teams are responsible for booking their rooms either on your own or through your zone contact. Room allowance is based on double occupancy within your registered team members.
Your registration fee will cover the following:
- Friday on-hill training session (details to be communicated through your team captain primary contact) (lunch will not be provided to participants).
- Saturday FAST (first aid portion in the a.m. and the race portion in the p.m.) event is capped at 12 teams maximum (so register early).
- Saturday lunch (location TBD).
- Saturday Evening Banquet – Boisvert Plateau (outdoor space, please ensure you are dressed accordingly).
- FAST souvenir.
Please note: Staying and adhering within the guidelines and health restrictions in place we are hosting our Saturday evening awards banquet outdoors – so please dress for the elements. We will ensure everyone’s safety during this event and warming areas will be made available (there will be fire pits and potentially a s’mores bar). There will be a cash bar, food and wine (during the dinner) will be provided as part of your registration fees.
Registration forms must be submitted no later than March 14, 2022 to Louise Charron (or through your zone) at email@example.com.
Please feel free to contact Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the 2022 FAST.
Get your competitive spirit alive again and we look forward to seeing you and your teams at the 2022 Mountain Division First Aid and on Snow Training.
FAST Coordinator and Liaison