By Geoff Scotton, CSP Mountain Division Ski Improvement Clinic Coordinator (email@example.com)
Wouldn’t you love to go on an amazing ski trip at a world-class venue with a great gang of like-minded people AND improve your skiing or snowboarding at the same time?
Sound impossible? It isn’t. That’s exactly what the CSP Mountain Division is offering with its 2018 Ski Improvement Clinic at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. Due to overwhelming demand, in 2018 we are offering a choice between two clinic weeks: Week 1 is January 28 to February 2, and Week 2 is February 11 to February 16. Although this clinic sold out in each of the previous three years, with twice the capacity, we still have still have slots open during either week.
This event welcomes skiing or snowboarding patrollers, their families and their friends from the CSP Mountain Division and across Canada. It’s organized and offered by the CSP Mountain Division on a break-even basis, and since 2012 it’s been held at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort. The mixture of patrollers, family and friends adds to the relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. It’s about having fun AND improving your skills.
It’s well-priced, become extremely popular and it has sold out in each of the last three years. The program includes:
- Five days of lift tickets.
- Four days of friendly and relaxed group lessons for skiers or snowboarders, grouped by competency level. (About five hours per day, for a total of 20-plus hours of instruction.)
- Guided exploration of Kicking Horse’s legendary terrain, which includes a 4,100-foot vertical drop and more than 2,800 acres of skiable terrain with 106 named runs, covered by average 23 feet of snow.
- Daily socials at the pub.
- Significant discounts at Kicking Horse equipment rental, retail and food outlets.
- Awesome Ski Improvement swag.
- A host’s party.
- A wrap-up banquet that includes the instructors.
- An un-programmed ski and snowboarding day on the Friday.
- Open to CSP members, friends and family in a range of instruction groups that can accommodate ALL skill levels for skiers or snowboarders, from never-ever to super star.
Clinic pricing is excellent, with 20 hours-plus of lessons, five days of lifts and the spectacular wrap-up banquet coming in at $571. Accommodation pricing is very competitive, particularly for shared accommodation. Discounted prices are available for accommodation and lift tickets before and after each clinic, for those that want to get in extra days. We also have special lift pricing for children and youths. Skills improvement is at the centre of the offering and for this reason lessons are a mandatory part of the clinic package: This is much, much more than just an amazing ski trip.
Registrations for both sessions are progressing well and overall we are ahead of last year – but, we have more capacity than in prior years. Don’t delay taking advantage of this great event. It does sell out. More information on the 2018 Canadian Ski Patrol Mountain Division Ski Improvement Clinic can be found on the info sheet here. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.