August 27, 2019
Dear zone presidents and division presidents,
The summer is quickly passing by and the autumn means ramping up of the CSP’s preparation for the winter season.
2019-2020 national membership fees were set by the CSP Board of Directors at $144.06, a two percent reduction from the 2018-2019 national membership fees. This memo outlines the billing and payment procedures for this season.
Please be advised that interim billing procedures will be effective as of September 1, 2019.
Interim billing is the process of incrementally invoicing the zones for membership certification fees.
Benefits for zones
Historically, invoicing always involved some amount of upfront payment—often a deposit of 50 percent which caused financial hardship on some areas. Last year, the CSP implemented a new interim billing procedure, spread out over five individual payments of 20 percent each over a consecutive five-month period. Under this process, zones can make small, continuous payments as the certification season progresses, making it easier for them to manage their cash flow.
Benefits for national office
In utilizing an interim billing cycle, the national office will have a consistent flow of cash from September- January which will enable them to better manage cash flow through the year.
2019-2020 Billing Procedures
At the direction of the CSP President and CEO, and consistent with the prior year, the national office will issue interim invoices utilizing percentages based on 2018-2019 completed registrations. The process will commence September 15, 2019 as follows:
- Invoicing will be completed in 5 smaller increments calculated as 20 percent of prior year membership fees
- Incremental invoicing to be processed as follows:
- Invoice no. 1 Sep 15, 2019 with payment due Sep 30, 2019
- Invoice no. 2 Oct 15, 2019 with payment due Oct 31, 2019
- Invoice no. 3 Nov 15, 2019 with payment due Nov 30, 2019
- Invoice no. 4 Dec 15, 2019 with payment due Dec 31, 2019
- Final invoice Jan 20, 2020 with payment due Jan 31, 2020
- NDS member registration deadline is on or before December 15, 2019
- Card return deadline is on or before January 15, 2020
- Cards returned after January 15, 2020 must have written approval
All payments must be received no later than the specified dates. Payment delinquency may result in the holding back of member cards and is at the discretion of the President and CEO. Failure to remit 100 percent of the member fees due by January 31, 2020 may result in the loss of the zone’s voting privileges at the CSP Annual General Meeting and will be determined at the discretion of the CSP Board of Directors.
Please address comments/questions directly to the CSP President and CEO, Bruce (Zoe) Robinson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pam FitzGerald, CSP no. 780
Chair, Financial Oversight Committee