October 20, 2019
Dear zone presidents and division presidents,
In accordance with the National Recognition Policy, we would like to inform you that nominations are now open for the 2019-20 Recognition Program.
We have updated the Recognition Program Guide, so please be sure to review it prior to making a submission. It can be found on the Shared Files area of the National Database, and also in the Members area of the National Website, under ‘Awards’
There are some things to remember when making a submission:
- Nominations may be made, in most cases, by any member in good standing
- A complete nomination is needed – be sure to include all information being requested. The Program Guide indicates what questions are being asked for each award.
- Be specific – Say things like “This person led the committee responsible for….”, rather than “This person worked on xyz committee”
- Be sure the individual has met any prerequisites where necessary. If not, nominate the person for that award first.
- Consider having a committee to review patrollers and come up with submissions – don’t just leave it for one person to do.
- Be succinct – there is a limit to the number of words. If you cannot say what you want in that number of words – rework your nomination.
- The committee can only score a nomination based on what is presented. The committee members cannot bring their personal knowledge of a nominee into the discussion process, as it is not fair to other nominees who may not know somebody on the committee.
- If you have questions, ask! If you are not sure of which award is best suited, just drop a note – the Recognition Committee is here to help. We want to ensure that all members who are deserving, get recognized.
- And finally, don’t wait for somebody else to nominate an individual – that person may be waiting for you! Be that ‘somebody else’ and submit your nomination.
We look forward to receiving your nominations.
Craig Taggart, Chair
National Recognition Committee