By Geoff Scotton, Mountain Division VP External (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The degree and breadth of Mountain Division’s involvement at the national level of the CSP is quite remarkable, reflecting the heartfelt support of CSP values by the division and its members.
At the division’s annual general meeting in June, division president Mike Palamarek and the rest of the division executive surprised themselves when they put together a list of division members serving in national roles.
With apologies to anyone who may have been missed, and in no particular order, Mountain Division members in national roles include:
- Andy Hill (Calgary Zone) – is in his second year as the head of the national education portfolio.
- Cheryl McDowell (Edmonton Zone) – the former division education VP (as was Andy Hill before her) is national education second in command.
- Chris Oliver (Calgary Zone) – national education committee as division training manager, and member, national pre-hospital care committee
- Eleanor Culver (Calgary Zone) – is the national HR portfolio head and the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee chair. (Also, 2021-2022 national CSP outstanding executive. Way to go, Eleanor!)
- George Tribe (Edmonton Zone) – is a member of the national HR committee
- Glenn Bonsall (Calgary Zone) – is a national director, and the CSP’s corporate secretary.
- Pam FitzGerald (Edmonton Zone) – continues her huge involvement at the national level as chair of the financial oversight committee in addition to senior division and zone financial roles.
- Ken Lukawy (Calgary Zone) – is the national avalanche coordinator.
- Jim Hennessy (Calgary Zone) and Kevin Falkenberg (Red Deer Zone) are the division’s YETI super users.
- Kirstie Simpson (Yukon Zone) – national Nordic coordinator/uniforms and manual involvement.
- Dave Harrison (Drayton Valley Zone) – national YETI steering committee.
- Geoff Scotton (Calgary Zone) – national communications, pro-deals, recruitment and retention committee member. (Also, proofs national examination materials.)
- Liz Horner (Peace Zone) – national AFA training manager.
- Sandra Williams (Calgary Zone) – Sandra and her team help nationally for critical incident stress management (CISM).
- Anne Haley-Callaghan (Palliser Zone) – former national board chair; national financial oversight committee.
- Darryl Aarbo and Vincent Larochelle (Calgary Zone) – national legal advisory committee.
- Jean Rioux (Calgary Zone) along with Mark Brown (Central Zone, Ontario Division) continue as our co-executive directors and are a steady hand on a massive organization.
This post is also available in: Français